Get Fit With Plitt: Feed Your Body

Feed Your Body

Q: Greg, what type of diet do you follow? And what supplements are part of your daily routine?

Get Fit With Plitt - Feed Your Body

My diet is much different then most bodybuilders or fitness models that I have met. Where most eat five to six meals a day, I only eat one meal a day and try to take most of my nutrition by way of a liquid diet. This limits the amount of digestion time and energy spent in my body. Most people who eat five to six meals a day are spending about 80 percent of their energy digesting food all day long, leaving only 20 percent remaining to repair muscle, detoxify the body and build the immune system. By taking the majority of my nutrition by means of liquid instead of solid food, I am able to reverse the percentages and allow 80 percent of my energy to be dedicated to repair, building and growing the body.

My diet consists of a high protein and low carbohydrate daily intake. When I say a low-carb diet, that isn’t to say I don’t take carbs during the day; it’s to say the balance of carbs in my body as my head hits the pillow at night are low to zero remaining. Depending on my day’s schedule, my daily calories will follow a parallel path. If I am doing two workouts one day in prep for a cover shoot, I will take in more calories than if I am planning a rest day. I eat around my activities and always bookend my workouts with nutrition. Nutrition is not about what you eat, but more so about what your body absorbs, which is why I eat around my activities to ensure there is a demand for my nutrition to be absorbed by the body. It’s the timing of taking nutrition that holds the secret to the success in growth in the gym.

As for supplements, I live a drug-free life and always will. I think the most important supplements are rest, sleep and natural intensity. Without rest, sleep and natural intensity in the gym, all supplements are a waste of time and money. If you learn about your body and understand how your body absorbs nutrition, then there are seven main supplements that are a must-have to be your best.


1. Whey and Casein Protein Whey right after the gym, casein at night and between workouts during the day.

2. L-Glutamine The fastest absorbing amino acid.

3. Creatine Gives you the ability to increase the work output of the muscle.

4. HMB Acts as an ozone layer around your muscle to ensure your body doesn’t eat your muscle for energy when muscle glycogen and energy levels deplete during a workout.

5. Fish Oils Essential omega-3 fatty acids.

6. Multi-Vitamin

Greg Plitt, a Met-Rx sponsored athlete, is America’s #1 male fitness model, and has appeared on the cover of more than 100 fitness magazines in the last few years. Before taking on acting and modeling, Greg graduated from West Point U.S. Military Academy and served as an Army Ranger as well as a captain and company commander of 184 U.S. soldiers.

For more information, visit

©2022 Advanced Research Media. Long Island Web Design