Let’s admit it – eating a clean diet gets old real fast. No matter how you slice it, grilled chicken tastes pretty bland in comparison to a cheeseburger, but if you want to look good, there’s little choice but to learn how to eat stuff that is good for you real fast – or else you’ll never see any realisitic gains (or losses, depending on your goals) in the gym.
With that in mind, here are a few little tricks that have helped me get my meals down, which, by the way, are cheap and simple.
1. Reduced sugar ketchup – at least you can pretend you’re eating a burger!
2. Splenda or Trivia – With adding sugar a no-no, you need a good replacement.
3. Adding natural peanut butter to oatmeal – Plain oatmeal can get, well…plain, so just a small amount of this makes a big difference.
4. Salsa on meat and rice – Using this totally non-fattenning condiment on your usual dishes spices things up.
5. Ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter – Again, natural PB gives this a spark.
6. Brown rice pasta – It’s hard to say no to macaroni, so here’s a good alternative.
7. Ken Davies low carb barbecue sauce for marinating chicken – Get that same old chicken unique-tasting with this awesome brand that is good for you.
Be sure to check out Jake’s blog for more health and fitness tips.