1. Halson SL, Jeukendrup AE. Does overtraining exist?: An analysis of overreaching and overtraining research. Sports Med, 2006;34:967-81.
2. Komedakis Y, Sharp NC. Seasonal variations of injury and overtraining in elite athletes. Clin J Sport Med, 1998;8:18-21.
3. Urhausen A, Kindermann W. Diagnosis of overtraining: what tools do we have? Sports Med, 200232:95-102.
4. Halson SL, Bridge MW, et al. Time course of performance changes and fatigue markers during intensified training in trained cyclists. J Appl Physiol, 2002;93: 947-56.
5. Kreider R, Fry AC, et al. Overtraining in sport: terms, definitions, and prevalence. In: Kreider R, Fry AC, O’Toole M, editors. Overtraining in sport. Champaign (IL); Human Kinetics, 1998:vii-ix.
6. O’Toole ML. Overreaching and overtraining in endurance athletes. In: Kreider R, Fry A, O’Toole M, editors. Overtraining in sport. Champaign (IL); Human Kinetics, 1998:3-17.
7. Lehmann M, Foster C, et al. Autonomic imbalance hypothesis and overtraining syndrome. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 1998;30:1140-5.
8. Rowbottom DG, Keast D, et al. The haemotological, biochemical and immunological profile of athletes suffering from the overtraining syndrome. Eur J Appl Physiol, 1995;70:502-9.
9. O’Connor PJ, Morgan WP, et al. Mood state and salivary cortisol levels following overtraining in female swimmers. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 1989;14:303-10.
10. Selye H. The stress of life. New York; McGraw-Hill, 1976.
11. Rowbottom DG, Keast D, et al. Monitoring and prevention of overreaching and overtraining in endurance athletes. In: Kreider R, Fry A, O’Toole M, editors. Overtraining in sport. Champaign (IL); Human Kinetics, 1998:47-66.
12. Busso T, Benoit H, et al. Effects of training frequency on the dynamics of performance response to a single training bout. J Appl Physiol, 2002;92:572-80.
13. Thase ME. Correlates and consequences of chronic insomnia. Gen Hosp Psychiatry 2005;27:100-112.
14. Costill DL, Flynn MG, et al. Effects of repeated days of intensified training on muscle glycogen and swimming performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 1988;20:249-54.
15. Koopman R, Wagenmakers AJ, et al. Combined ingestion of protein and free leucine with carbohydrate increases postexercise muscle protein synthesis in vivo in male subjects. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab, 2005;288:E645-53.
16. Kraemer WJ, Ratamess NA, et al. The effects of amino acid supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance training overreaching. Metabolism Clinical Experimental, 2006;55282-91.
17. Tipton KD, Rasmussen BB, et al. Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab, 2001;281:E197-206.
18. Mackinnon LT, Hooper SL. Plasma glutamine and upper respiratory tract infection during intensified training in swimmers. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 1996;28:285-90.
19. Tsakiris S, Parthimos T, et al. The beneficial effect of l-cysteine supplementation on DNA oxidation induced by forced training. Pharmacol Res, 2006;53:386-90.
20. Volek JS, Ratamess NA, et al. The effects of creatine supplementation on muscular performance and body composition responses to short-term resistance training overreaching. Eur J Appl Physiol, 2004;91:628-37.
21. Barron JL, Noakes TD, et al. Hypothalamic dysfunction in overtrained athletes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 1985;60:803-6.
22. Urhausen A, Gabriel HH, et al. Impaired pituitary hormonal response to exhaustive exercise in overtrained endurance athletes. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 1998;30:407-14.
23. El-Etr M, Akwa Y, et al. The Neuroactive Steroid Pregnenolone Sulfate Stimulates the Release of Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone from GT1-7 Hypothalamic Neurons, through N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptors. Endocrinology, 2006;147:2737-43.
24. Wilborn CD, Kerksick CM, et al. Effects of zinc magnesium aspartate (ZMA) supplementation on training adaptations and markers of anabolism and catabolism. J Int Soc Sports Nutr, 2004;1:12-20.
25. Maccario M, Procopio M, et al. Interactions of free fatty acids and arginine on growth hormone secretion in man. Metabolism, 1994;43:223-6.