Looking for a grueling shoulder press workout? Look no further. This will absolutely bury your shoulders and leave you with that fire in your arms that just keeps on burning!
Here is how you do it:
• Set up a bench and that allows you to sit straight up. You’ll want your back to be supported for this.
• Grab two dumbbells and pick a weight that will challenge you for 20 reps. I used 25s. Yes, I’d go that light if this is your first time.
• Perform 8 reps of shoulder press then …
• At the top of rep number 8, hold your arms straight over your head with your arms completely extended for 10 seconds.
• Go right back to performing another 8 reps and again hold at the top for 10 seconds.
Keep repeating this for 8 rounds without rest. Well, at least that’s the goal.
On my first attempt at this, I was only able to go for 6 rounds. Then I tried again a few days later and I got to 7 rounds and had to drop the weights yet again.
Finally, the next week I was able to complete 8 rounds with smooth reps.
What happened? My anaerobic capacity and my muscular endurance increased!
So, what’s so good about that? Well, number one, my shoulders are looking bigger than they were before but number two, I’m able perform better in the bench press, push-ups and other movements that require my shoulders to stay stable and strong.
In addition, my mental toughness was challenged with this. Trust me, you are going to want to drop the weights after about 5 rounds. Stay focused; keep your form right and press through this!
Before I go, let me say that 25 pounds was good for me. That doesn’t mean you should automatically pick 25s. Choose a weight that is safe for YOU and keep your form perfect!
For more free workouts like this follow me on social! I always reply back to comments!